Thursday, January 7, 2010

Drugs


David I said. Can you tell me about your space at 5___ Varick Street? The 6th floor 2,500 square feet and the one with 3,100 square feet. We have a customer that needs 4 mid-sized offices maybe more. They're a commercial editing company. They need it for 6-9 months.

Pause. Well, I've got 5 offices only one has a window it's about $4,500 a month. David, I said patiently can you just tell me how many offices are in the 2,500 square foot space or the 3,100 square foot space? Pause. Pause. Sounded like he was in a tunnel or driving in a convertible the wind was whistling through the phone. Only it was winter and "f'ing" freezing out. Pause.

Well I have these offices you see. They will work. Come up and see them. He replied. David I said again. My blood pressure rising. Can you just describe exactly what is in your two spaces at 5__ Varick? Whatever I have will work David replied. You and Jane should just bring them down to see it. David, I said again steam coming out of my ears. I have to send them the information first then they will decided whether or not they want to come down and see it. Pause. Wind. Breathing. Call me back I said when you have more details. We hung up.

Huge groan. What's up? asked Jane (my boss) really loudly over the desks, filing cabinets, files, computer equipment, gum balls in a dish, xerox machine, bags of pretzels, nuts and crackers from the opposite end of our office. It's David from 5_ Varick Street. Is he on drugs? I asked. Probably said Jane and you should meet his wife, she's worse than he is.


(c) 2010

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete