Friday, January 15, 2010

Forgiveness


Photo Billy Sharff

Nomi and I have known each other since kindergarten. Mira was Nomi's mother. She and my mother became best friends until Mira and Nomi moved back to Delhi. We lost touch for 35 years.

Nomi found me on Facebook last year. It was an amazing. We spoke we emailed we laughed and Nomi admitted she smoked but was trying to quit. I had been meaning to call Mira. She must have been so happy to know Nomi, Joanna and I had reconnected. But I never "got around too it." Was too preoccupied. Too busy. Too absorbed by my "misfortunes." I shall miss her terribly: her sweet accented voice, her laughter, immense kindness and generosity of spirit. It's hard to forgive myself for not calling and telling her how much I loved her. Especially now because she is no longer here. And I can never go back.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete